Current Articles of Interest

Monday, March 30, 2009

Hillary (Hearts) Margaret Sanger

On Friday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton received Planned Parenthood's highest honor: the Margaret Sanger Award.

She told guests at the Planned Parenthood Federation of America's annual conference in Houston that women's reproductive and health rights is "an important part of U.S. efforts to develop democracy around the world and defeat extremism." And she praised the work of Margaret Sanger:

Now, I have to tell you that it was a great privilege when I was told that I would receive this award. I admire Margaret Sanger enormously, her courage, her tenacity, her vision. Another of my great friends, Ellen Chesler, is here, who wrote a magnificent biography of Margaret Sanger called Woman of Valor. And when I think about what she did all those years ago in Brooklyn, taking on archetypes, taking on attitudes and accusations flowing from all directions, I am really in awe of her.

(Full story at InsideCatholic.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment