Current Articles of Interest

Monday, February 23, 2009

FOCA: You should be embarrassed to be a Catholic

On Sunday, February 24, 2008, Amy Sullivan wrote: "I'm an Evangelical and a Liberal. Really. As an evangelical who worked in Democratic politics before entering journalism, I'm used to getting looks from liberals who are embarrassed for me when I use the E-word to describe myself."

Almost a year later, Sullivan, now a Time Magazine senior editor and the author of a book that attempts to make the case that Democrats are "Closing the God Gap," should certainly not be getting any surprised looks from her friends.

"Why," you ask?

On February 19, Sullivan penned an article titled The Catholic Crusade Against a Mythical Abortion Bill, in which she applies her evangelical and liberal analysis to the Catholic Church - meaning, she just doesn't get it. (Full story at CNA)

No comments:

Post a Comment